Back to Basics Checks
In situations where your connection is completely offline and there is no Internet access, and you haven't knowingly done anything or there are no environmental factors that could be affecting this (e.g. power cut), please follow this list to diagnose the problem:
Back to basics checks:
- Verify that it's not your device not working. Try using the connection with another device, such as another laptop, smartphone or tablet computer.
- Check that it's not a problem with the Wi-Fi connection (if you are attempting a wireless connection). To do this, locate a device that can be hard-wired into the service.
- Check whether other people in your household or business are experiencing the same problem.
- Check that there is no planned network maintenance or wider network issues reported: Network Status Web Page, Twitter Status
- Check that your service equipment is all powered online, no trip switches have fused, and power lights are clearly lit on all network equipment.
- Check that the network cables connecting between the devices are all firmly connected and have not become dislodged or damaged.
- Reboot your router and Wessex Internet connection equipment. To do this, simply unplug the power cables from the devices, wait 10 seconds, and then plug everything back in. DO NOT press any RESET buttons. This will cause the devices to factory default, and then you will have a real problem which will become a chargeable support issue.
The connection is still not working after following the back to basics checks
If you have completed all of the steps and still can't use the service, please contact us and report a fault. Please explain that you have completed the back to basics checks in full. Our support team will be able to investigate further.