Funding for Connections Vouchers Ended in October 2015.
They are now unavailable. We're retaining the information below for reference, however you cannot apply as the scheme has ended and all the money has been allocated.
The government are offering business up to £3,000 ex VAT (the VAT is payable by you) towards the installation cost of a superfast Internet connection.
Businesses with Dorset postcodes qualify!
Wessex Internet Limited is a registered supplier of this scheme, and can assist businesses that qualify.
Wessex Internet Government Specific Eligibility Requirements:
- Your business is based in Dorset and the address is your primary place of work (if you work at home, this means your home is your principle business location, working from home 1-2 days a week does not qualify).
- You are a SME, registered charity, social enterprise or sole trader.
- Installation of your new broadband connection will cost over £100.
- Your contract term is greater than 6 months.
- The broadband service you select delivers a speed or performance improvement on your current connection. It must offer a minimum speed of up to 30 Mbit/s.
- You have not received more than €200,000 in grants in the last 3 years
- You employ fewer than 250 people or volunteers
- You have a turnover of less than €50m and/or have a balance sheet of less than €43m
- You have received less than €200k in public grants in the last 3 years
- You do not operate in a sector which is excluded from the Scheme. See https://www.connectionvouchers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/20150304-CVS-Guidance-for-Applicants.pdf and here https://www.connectionvouchers.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/20150304-CVS-Terms-and-Conditions.pdf
- You do not have a parent company or linked enterprise which does not meet the eligibility criteria.
You qualify if you can meet all of the above.
I'm ready to go, what do I need?
If your business qualifies for the grant based on the above requirements, and a Wessex Internet sales representative has informed you that we can serve your business under this scheme, then the first thing we need to do is send you a quotation for the service.
The quotation will include:
- The Service Name
- The installation amount which is either going to be fully (if less than £3,000) or part-funded by the connection grant (if greater than £3,000)
- The monthly rental charge for the duration of the minimum term
- The minimum term
Once you have received the quote from us, please follow the instruction below to process the application.
Non-Standard Installation Price Application Process
- Wessex Internet will provide the business a quotation for the installation of a qualifying superfast Internet connection to the business.
- The end customer completes the application form on the Connection Voucher website. Please ensure that you read the Application Form FAQs below so that your application form is completed correctly & accurately.
- The Dorset Council will review your application and then provide an answer on whether your grant application is successful or not. The usual lead time is 5 working days, however it can take upwards of 2 weeks, especially if they are busy.
- If you are successful and have received the voucher from Dorset Council, then Wessex Internet will send the end customer a contract. The end customer has 28 days to enter into a contract with Wessex Internet for the grant to be valid.
- The end customer must then notify Dorset by E-mail email@example.com to confirm that an order has been placed once they have signed the Wessex Internet contract. This is vital, as if the customer doesn't do this, then the grant is invalid.
- Wessex Internet will then liaise with the end customer to schedule the installation.
- Once the installation has completed and the service activated, Wessex Internet will invoice the end customer the installation amount together with their first months' rental and any charges as agreed on the agreement.
- The end customer must then complete the Claim Form (linked below) and send a copy of the first invoice to the Council who will arrange to pay the agreed installation price as covered under the grant, excluding the VAT.
- The customer must arrange payment to Wessex Internet the balance of the invoice, and all the VAT.
Application Form FAQs
The application form here is pretty self explanatory, however there are a few questions it asks which we will clarify the answers for below. Please ensure that you complete the form correctly, as any incorrect answers will delay your application.
- Step 1: Confirm that you meet the eligibility requirements
- Step 2: Enter in your business details.
- Step 3:
- Current Connection Speed: Use www.speedtest.net to confirm your current broadband Internet download and upload speed.
- Kind of service for current connection (contended/uncontended): If your current connection is an ADSL/FTTC/Fibre broadband/Satellite service, then this is contended, if you have a fibre leased line or Ethernet service, then this is uncontended.
- Type of broadband connection selected: If your Wessex Internet quote signifies your service as a 'Fibre' connection, then the connection type is Fibre to the Premises (FTTP). If the quote is for a Fixed Wireless connection, then the connection type is Fixed Wireless Access.
- Download & Upload Speed: Please enter what is shown on your Wessex Internet quotation.
- Kind of service from the new supplier (contended/uncontended): If your Wessex Internet quote is for an Ethernet service, then this is an uncontended service. If it is anything else, then it's a contended service.
- Monthly subscription cost: As shown on the Wessex Internet quotation.
- Contract Length: As shown on the Wessex Internet quotation.
- Any other costs associated with your new connection: Please confirm this with your Wessex Internet sales representative.
- Are there any service constraints on your new connection: No.
- Step 4:
- Chosen Supplier: M12 Solutions (NOT Wessex Internet. Wessex Internet is a trading style of M 12 Solutions Ltd and M12 Solutions is the registered connection voucher supply).
- Product Name for your chosen service: As shown on the Wessex Internet quotation.
- Supplier set-up installation costs: Enter the one-off/ installation costs as shown on the Wessex Internet quotation. If they are greater than £3000, enter the fully amount, the council will naturally cap the grant to £3000.
- Is your chosen supplier's quote an estimate or a firm quotation: This will be signified on the Wessex Internet quotation.
- Step 5:
- Ensure that you have read and agreed to the data protection and declaration before completing the application.
- Inform Wessex Internet that you have completed your application form.
- Sit tight, and wait for the council to return with the grant application response. This is usually 5 working days, however it can take up to 2 weeks from your application being submitted. They will make contact with you or us if there is anything on the application form incorrect. We have had customers in the past enter the chosen supplier name as Wessex Internet instead of M12 Solutions in the past. M12 Solutions is the supplier name, NOT Wessex Internet. This error can delay things as one example.
Wessex Internet is in the process of setting up some pre-approved packages with the Connection Vouchers scheme. This will greatly simplify the application process for "Standard connections" where the installation price is set and not variable. For "non-standard connections" where the installation involves bespoke components, then the non-standard installation process above applies.