A standard installation is defined as follows.
- 1 x Customer Access Radio
- 1 x standard mounting bracket allowing the radio to attach to a brick wall or similar vertical wall
- Up to 30 metres of CAT5 cable to run from the Customer Access Radio to a termination point inside of the customer's building
- 1 x drilled hole through masonry/wood (to maximum depth of 300mm) to allow the CAT5 data cable access into the Customer's building
- 1 x power supply for the Customer Access Radio
- 1 x CAT5 patch cable to connect from the power supply to your local area network or computer.
- Standard installations are expected to take no-longer than two (2) hours to complete from our engineers turning on-site and the Service being fully commissioned.
- Some installation may take longer, and where factors within our control cause this delay, then we will not charge customer’s extra.
- Where customers delay the installation for any reason that causes an installation to take longer than would have taken place without the customer delay, then we reserve the right to charge an extra labour charge according to our extra charges.
Non-Standard Installation Price List/Extra Equipment Charges:
- Painting a wireless receiver or dish for wireless-based connections: £15 per wireless dish/receiver (colour choices may be limited and the Customer’s preferred choice may not always be available.)
- Additional Basic 802.11n Wi-Fi Access Point with 4-port switch: £45
- External CAT5e cable beyond 30m included as part of a standard installation for wireless-based connections: £1 per metre
- Internal CAT5e cable that connects to the LAN port on a PoE injector for wireless-based connections or from the fibre media convertor: £1 per metre
- RJ45 Surface Mounted Box: £10
- Cherry Picker Hire: £120 2 hours, £240 half day, £480 all day.
- On-site configuration of Wi-Fi routers, devices, handheld devices during the initial installation: £50/hour
- Labour associated to routing cables beyond a standard installation during the initial installation:£50/hour
- Weekend, evening or public holiday installation: Upon special arrangement between Wessex Internet Ltd and the Customer, we can install a new service in the evening (defined as being between 17.00hrs and 23.59hrs) and the weekend (defined as being either Saturday or Sunday), or a UK public holiday. This carries an extra charge on top of the agreed installation fee for normal-working hour’s installations. Unless otherwise advised, out of hour’s installation carry an extra charge of £100+VAT per hour for any on-site work on top of the standard business working hour installation rate.
- Additional non-standard installation items not specified on our price list: Price on quotation and subject to agreement.
All prices include VAT at the prevailing rate unless otherwise stated.